What is TMJ or TMD?
Temporomandibular disorders, or “TMD”, happen when the muscles, ligaments, cartilage, and your jaw bone are unbalanced. Head or neck injuries, muscle or joint diseases, bite problems, or stress can cause TMD.
Contact us today for a TMJ exam if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Aches in or around the ear
- Sore or tender jaw muscles
- Jaw clicks or pops
- Opening and closing your mouth is difficult
- Chewing or yawning causes pain
- Jaw joints feel “locked” or “stuck”